Helpwyr Hanner Tymor
Our Cyngor Cymreig has kick-started the Helpwr Y Tymore again this year.
One member of each form is picked especially for their hard work and continued dedication to the Welsh language. Each member fulfills their duties for a half term and then a new member is chosen.
J - Michelle Esiri
J - Trey M
J - Ellie White
- Encourage the use of Welsh around the school
- Encourage pupils and teachers to use more Welsh in lessons
- Help make Welsh more simple and easy to use for the teachers
"Since having the helpwr hanner tymor there is so much more Welsh being used around the school"
Year 8 pupil
"I never really knew a lot of words in Welsh so I didn't use them during my lesson, but with the help of the helpwr hanner tymor I now know what I am doing and use Welsh all the time" Science teacher
Our SJHS Welsh students want to encourage our community to use Welsh more commonly around the school. They believe we should have lots of opportunities to use Welsh outside of our Welsh lessons too.
They meet once a fortnight Wednesday afternoon and are made up of students from each year group. The projects we are working at the moment are:
- Year 7 girls have provided an article about Cyngor Cymreig for the Spring newsletter.
- Year 7 boys and Year 9 are making a video about Welsh in St Joseph’s.
- Year 10 have delivered Welsh lessons to teachers to help them with their Welsh during ‘Tweak it Tuesday’ sessions.
- Year 11 and Year 8 boys are making the phrase of the fortnight - keep an eye out for updates.
Phrase of the Fortnight:
Siaradwr Cymraeg y Pythetnos
Welsh Speakers of the month award go to:
Voting taking place...
Keep an eye out on SJTV and the website for further phrases and Welsh Speaker Champions.