Our SJHS Welsh students want to encourage our community to use Welsh more commonly around the school. They believe we should have lots of opportunities to use Welsh outside our Welsh lessons too.
They meet every Thursday and are made up of students from each year group.
The projects we are working at the moment are:
- Welsh reading corner in the library
- Making our website fully bilingual
- Delivering Welsh lessons to teachers to help them with their Welsh during ‘Tweak it Tuesday’ sessions.
- Creating bilingual posters for around the school
- Welsh praise system
Phrase of the Fornight:
Can I have...
Welsh Praise System
The pupil with the most Welsh praises at the end of each term will receive a prize.
- Encourage the use of Welsh around the school
- Encourage pupils and teachers to use more Welsh in lessons
- Help make Welsh more simple and easy to use for the teachers
"Since having the helpwr hanner tymor there is so much more Welsh being used around the school"
Year 8 pupil
"I never really knew a lot of words in Welsh so I didn't use them during my lesson, but with the help of the helpwr hanner tymor I now know what I am doing and use Welsh all the time" Science teacher