If you have any unwanted, good condition uniform we are happy to accept donations.
Uniform at SJHS
Ensuring that students attend school dressed smartly in school uniform is the foundation for high standards in other aspects of school life, including a positive attitude towards learning and behaviour. Please click on the booklet below to read our uniform code at your leisure, also double-check what shoes are correct uniform as this can be expensive to get wrong.
RECYCLE AND REUSE...
Uniform Open Days: Tuesday 25th July & Tues 22nd August 2023.
10am - 12.30pm
We will be opening the school for two days, one at the beginning of the summer holidays (Tues 25th July) and one at the end (Tues 22nd August), where all parents/carers or pupils can come and find pre-loved uniform. There is an optional charge of £2 per item, £1 per shirt.
At St Joseph's we provide a Recycle and Reuse policy. This means two things:
1. If you have good quality pre-loved, clean uniform and exchange it for a bigger size or simply pass on last year's blazer as it no longer fits, then we welcome all donations.
2. You can pop into Mrs Kents' office and (for an OPTIONAL donation of £2 per item) you can find all SJHS uniform you need, we are always ready to help, at any point during the year. Also, watch out for dates in the summer holidays where we open the school to kit out your young people before the next academic year. This is incredibly popular, and we are proud to say helps hundreds of families every year.
Sometimes your child might need a blazer, tie, trousers, skirt, shirt or jumper to tide them over until you can organise a replacement, they may have damaged their uniform in school, or they are simply growing so fast you can't keep up! Whatever your requirements we can help thanks to donations by local organisations, grants and past students - we can always help if you are in need. Just ask your form teacher or email email@example.com and we can try to assist you.
New SJHS uniform is available from:
Macey Sports, Caerleon Road, Newport
Pupil Development Grant – Access
If you think you may be eligible to receive £125 (£200 for Year 7 pupils) to buy school uniform, equipment, sports kit, kit for activities outside of school, laptops and tablets for your child.
Funding for the 2021 to 2022 scheme opened on the 15 July 2021. For more information on eligibility and to find out how to apply for the grant please visit the following website https://tinyurl.com/PDG-Access
Uniform and Free School Meals Grant
Students of families in receipt of Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance are entitled to either a main meal or a selection from the snack bar service to the value of a main meal free of charge. They may also be entitled to a Year 7 school uniform grant.
You only need to complete ONE application form for both free school meals and Year 7 uniform grant.
* Applications for the new school year should arrive no later than the end of the summer term.
* Applications can be made at any time during the year if there is a change in circumstances.
* The person receiving benefit entitlement for the household MUST complete this form.
Click on the link below, sign in and to go directly to the application form.
Free School Meals or Uniform Grant